Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keep on, even when it's hard




I think everyone can agree with me that it's easy to walk away when things are not going the way we'd like them to.  We all want to be happy, feel good, have things always go our way but unfortunately that's not always going to happen.  So what do we do when the storms come and we feel we can't go on anymore? How much are we willing to go through before we say enough is enough and call it quits? I know I have reached the point many times where I felt as though I couldn't go on any longer and the only way to finally be happy is to walk away.  I was tired of the hurt, the accusations, the bitterness, the anger, the lack of self control, the attitude and criticism for everything  I did or said.  This was no way to live and even just the thought of being alone brought me peace.  I've pointed out all of these things about my husband but I do not want to leave out, that at one time I treated him the same.  Could it be the saying "what goes around comes around"? Was I getting it all back because I did it all to him at one time? If so, when will this cycle end?

It all ends with me...that's right.  I need to stop looking at all his faults and see what I can do to show him that I love him, even when it seems hard.   Proverbs 15:1 a gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs of anger.  It's not about them, it's about us.  Mathew 12:36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.  We will give account to God for how we treated our husbands and what we did to serve God while in this life.  We serve God by serving our husbands and that means being submissive to them as they are  head of the wife.  We make life more complicated for ourselves by wanting to take the easy way out.  The bible says that if we should leave we are to remain single unless we reconcile with our husbands. 

I have wanted to walk away more times then I can count and chances are, I will feel that way again.  Today, I'm happy that I did not walk away or leave because today, I know that I would have been making the worst mistake I would have regretted for a very long time.  I feel this way today and tomorrow might be different but to feel this way at all says that there is always hope. 

1 Peter 3:1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family that Prays together...

Followers

Scroll with scripture

Subscribe